Bachelor of Applied Science – Human Biology (Unitec)
Are you interested in a career in osteopathy? This programme is the first step towards achieving that goal. Study core biosciences such as anatomy and physiology, and clinical sciences like pathology. You’ll also study osteopathic principles and techniques, and observe experienced osteopaths at our Mt Albert osteopathy clinic.
Osteopathy is a form of diagnosis and treatment that focuses mainly on the muscles and joints of the body and can make a real difference to a person’s quality of life. The Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Biology) will provide you with the foundation for our Master of Osteopathy programme where once completed, you can apply to become a registered osteopath.
During the first semester of the Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Biology), you’ll study core courses which introduce you to the world of health and social sciences. They’ll also teach you how to work collaboratively with a range of other health and social science students and lecturers. This includes face-to-face tutorials, online activities, and self-directed study.
From there, you’ll start to develop the hands-on skills that are key to practicing as an osteopath. You’ll find out how to improve and maintain people’s health and you’ll work with senior osteopathy students at Unitec’s Mt Albert osteopathy clinic.
- Accredited by the Osteopathic Council of New Zealand.
- Industry registration: together with the Master of Osteopathy, the Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Biology) forms a five-year package that enables you to become a registered osteopath.
- Unitec’s Mt Albert osteopathy clinic provides a space for you to interact with senior students and tutors who diagnose and treat real patients.
- Highly qualified lecturers with strong ties to the health care industry.
- Strong international links: we have close links with professional bodies in New Zealand and Australia, and with osteopathic schools in both Australia and Britain.
- Continue in the Master of Osteopathy before applying to become a registered osteopath
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Biology) course at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.