Bachelor of Applied Technology – Transport Management (Unitec)
Want to work in the transport industry? Learn and apply your skills to keep pace with advances in logistics, spare parts, vehicle trading and business management.
The Transport Management specialisation within the Bachelor of Applied Technology is a programme for students already employed or those intending to be employed in the motor trade and spare parts sales industry, logistics and management. Learn about the the advances in automotive technology and find out how international trends affect national decisions in transport applications. Apply the principles of transport efficiency, sustainability issues, and vehicle design and selection for business application. Learn to be innovative and gain the skills to confidently apply your knowledge in a wide range of situations. Develop an understanding of how to conduct business and manage projects. You will also improve your communication and problem-solving skills.
- Analytically examine the motor trade regulations and its application in every day business processes.
- Develop an understanding of spare part concepts and inventory systems process and procedures.
- Analyse the road transport guidelines and its application in business processes.
- Discuss fleet operations, planning and the importance of fleet maintenance to minimize the impact of risks associated with vehicle investment.
- Develop your analytical knowledge of working in logistics of goods and services for the road transport sector.
- Conceptualization of international trade and customs in the development of New Zealand business while protecting its border.
- Analyse different vehicle designs to select proper vehicles for business efficiency.
- Undertake a major industry project in your final year where you can make valuable contacts for your future career in the automotive industry.
- Car Design and Building
- Vehicle sales and service
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Applied Technology – Transport Management course at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.