Bachelor of Construction – Construction Economics (Unitec)
Want a career as a Quantity Surveyor? Find out how to evaluate and plan the cost of a construction project, manage payments and ensure the project is completed within budget.
The role of the Quantity Surveyor is diverse: evaluating subcontractor tenders and making recommendations to clients, managing construction costs and cash flows during the construction phase, and negotiating and agreeing on final project accounts. In the Bachelor of Construction (Construction Economics) you gain the skills to contribute to this exciting industry. Develop the technical skills and applied knowledge to ensure that construction projects are delivered to agreed budgets. Learn to undertake estimating and cost planning, and prepare tender documentation. In this programme you’ll delve into learning about construction practice, team management, cost planning and advanced estimating techniques, tendering and design management.
- Great preparation for a career as a consultant quantity surveyor, a quantity surveyor or commercial manager for a construction company. These roles may lead to project management, company ownership, and other senior management positions.
- Gain a thorough grounding in all aspects of the construction industry.
- Application of Building Information Modelling (BIM) technology and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) processes.
- Close links with industry: our advisory boards include many experts who keep us up-to-date with industry trends, relevant legislation, and local, global and environmental issues.
- Learn from experienced Lecturers who have/are working in the construction industry.
- Meet and hear from guest lecturers who are leaders in their field.
- In your final papers you’ll undertake a major industry research project where you can integrate what you’ve learnt with practical experience.
- Following your shared compulsory papers (first 3 semesters) you’ll then choose your major* from Property Development, Construction Economics or Construction Management. This allows you to get a good understanding of the general field first before you choose your direction.
- *You may choose to achieve a double major with slightly more coursework.
Well-prepared students have the best chance of success in their studies, so we’ve put together a free online guide you can use to refresh and sharpen some of the skills you’ll use on this programme.
- Commercial manager
- Construction quantity surveyor
- Consultant quantity surveyor
- Project manager
- Property financial advise
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5.
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Construction (Construction Economics) at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.