Bachelor of Construction – Construction Management (Unitec)
Want to learn how to manage construction projects? Further your knowledge of management structures, and learn to schedule activities and resources on construction projects.
Gain the knowledge and skills to organise and manage activities on a construction site. Construction sites can involve hundreds of workers and millions of dollars of materials, and construction managers are responsible for managing both. The Bachelor of Construction (Construction Management) helps you further your knowledge of management structures, and gain an in-depth understanding of supply chain, people and production management. You’ll become familiar with advanced construction management, contract law and administration, tendering and design management, just to name a few.
- A good foundation for a career in construction management, providing you with the skills to undertake detailed planning and management of resources applied to construction projects.
- An overview of all aspects of the construction industry.
- Explore progressively more complex scenarios and projects, and develop the technical skills to schedule activities and resources on construction projects.
- Application of Building Information Modelling (BIM) technology and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) processes.
- In your final papers you’ll undertake a major industry research project where you can integrate what you’ve learnt with practical experience.
- Relevant to your future career: Unitec’s advisory boards include experts who keep us up-to-date with industry trends and relevant legislation in the construction industry.
- Lecturers with experience in the construction industry and guest lecturers who are leaders in their field.
- Common semesters – in your first 3 semesters you’ll study core Bachelor of Construction papers then you’ll get to choose your major from Property Development, Construction Economics or Construction Management. This allows you to get a good understanding the general field first before you choose your direction.
- Students in the Bachelor of Construction can achieve a double major with slightly more coursework. Choose from majors in Construction Management, Property Development, and Construction Economics.
- Construction site manger
- Project planner
- Project manager
- Property developer
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5.
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Construction (Construction Management) course at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.