Bachelor of Construction – Property Development (Unitec)
Want to work as a property developer? Gain insight into the valuation and management of property and property portfolios, and learn to identify and develop project opportunities.
Property developers plan and carry out the purchase, development and sale of new or existing properties. The Bachelor of Construction (Property Development) gives you an insight into the process of developing a property – from initial concept to project completion and sale. Gain an understanding of the valuation, financing and management of property and property portfolios, learn to identify and develop project opportunities, become familiar with construction practice, procurement tendering, property and contract law and administration, sustainable design, and design management.
- Once you’ve completed the programme, you could use your knowledge of property investment and development to work with property managers, banks and corporate organisations, specialising in large commercial developments or residential properties.
- Gain a thorough grounding in all aspects of the construction industry.
- In your final papers you’ll undertake a major industry research project where you can integrate what you’ve learnt with practical experience.
- Learn from experienced lecturers who have worked in the construction industry.
- Meet and hear from guest lecturers who are leaders in their field.
- Undertake common semesters – in your first 3 semesters you’ll study core Bachelor of Construction papers then you’ll get to choose your major from Property Development, Construction Economics or Construction Management. This allows you to get a good understanding the general field first before you choose your direction.
- Opportunity for double major: Students in the Bachelor of Construction can achieve a double major with slightly more coursework. Choose from majors in Construction Management, Property Development, and Construction Economics.
- Commercial property manager
- Project manager
- Property consultant
- Property developer
- Company owner
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5.
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Construction (Property Development) course at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.