Bachelor of Engineering Technology – Civil (Unitec)
Dreaming of a career in civil engineering? Gain advanced knowledge of a specialist area within engineering: environmental, geotechnical, water, roading and transportation or structural engineering.
Develop the skills for a career as a civil engineer in this 3 year (full-time) bachelor’s programme. Specialise in environmental, geotechnical, water, roading and transportation or structural engineering. Learn to make informed decisions about civil engineering projects, and apply technology to solve practical engineering problems. Explore computer-modelling techniques, civil engineering project management, engineering materials and structures, and construction practices.
- Get qualified in 3 years (full-time), not 4, and into employment sooner
- A nationally-led engineering qualification developed by six of New Zealand’s largest institutes of technology and polytechnics (ITPs).
- Approved under a new New Zealand-wide framework for three-year engineering degrees.
- Accredited by the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ). On completion of this programme, combined with a period of work experience, you’ll be eligible to apply for membership of IPENZ as a Technical Member (TIPENZ).
- Five different pathways: environmental, geotechnical, water, roading and transportation, or structural.
- Strong links with the engineering industry.
- Small classes: the average class size is just 35-60 students.
- Cross-credits from the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Civil) available.
Focus on one of five specialist areas:
- Structural engineering – design, construction and supervision of buildings and other structures.
- Water engineering – including water supply, wastewater or stormwater disposal, river catchment systems, hydrology and erosion management, and urban drainage systems.
- Geotechnical engineering – foundation design, consolidation of fine-grained soils, improvement of slope stability, earth-retaining structures, geotechnical investigation and reports, and dewatering of construction sites.
- Roading and transportation engineering – design, construction and maintenance of roads; rail, sea and airport developments; and traffic engineering and urban transportation studies.
- Environmental engineering – including fundamentals of environmental engineering, the sensitive environment, and resource and environmental management.
- Civil Engineer (design)
- Civil engineering project and/or Construction Manager
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Roading transportation Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Water/environmental Engineer
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 (6.0 writing & speaking, 5.5 listening & reading).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil) course at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.