Bachelor of Health and Social Development – Health Promotion (Unitec)
Do you want to make a difference to your community’s health and well-being? Develop the ability to help communities improve and manage their health by becoming qualified for an exciting and rewarding career in health promotion.
The Bachelor of Health and Social Development is designed to provide New Zealand with beginning practitioners in health and social development. This includes preparing graduates who are work-ready with skills in advocacy and facilitation when working with individuals, groups and communities, a solid understanding of human rights and social justice and how these contribute to your work, with the overall aim of helping to create positive outcomes in health and social well-being in New Zealand.
Study health promotion and this innovative major will provide you with the practical and theoretical skills required to pursue a successful career in Aotearoa New Zealand. This major equips you with the skills and knowledge to improve health for communities and individuals, through engaging with health education, health programmes, policy, and law. You’ll develop practice-based knowledge and application through face-to-face and online learning, and confidently confront a wide-range of health issues in complex, culturally diverse contexts.
- Gain a qualification that enables you to work in a range of health-related organisations
- Develop experience by applying your knowledge on work placements
- Industry-recognised programme developed in conjunction with the health and social sector to meet the needs of our changing community
- Work with passionate and knowledgeable lecturers with experience locally, nationally and internationally
- Delivered in a blended learning approach through face-to-face teaching, workplace learning and online
- Collaborative and interdisciplinary to build a solid understanding of the health and social development sector
- Family support worker
- Health promoter
- Population health advisor
- Community health worker
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Health and Social Development (Health Promotion) course at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.