Bachelor of Health and Social Development – Youth Development (Unitec)
Are you passionate about your community’s youth? Are you ready to stand alongside them as they make change? Learn and develop skills to understand and connect with youth and help shape Aotearoa’s future in an exciting and growing sector.
Prepare yourself for a rewarding and successful career working with youth by studying the Bachelor of Health and Social Development, majoring in Youth Development.
The Bachelor of Health and Social Development is designed to provide New Zealand with beginning practitioners in health and social development. This includes preparing graduates who are work-ready with skills in advocacy and facilitation when working with individuals, groups and communities, a solid understanding of human rights and social justice and how these contribute to your work, with the overall aim of helping to create positive outcomes in health and social well-being in New Zealand.
Study youth development and you’ll learn about the key theories and different approaches that can be used when working with youth, and develop an understanding of the world young people live in and how to create positive outcomes for them. You’ll learn to communicate, work collaboratively and be professional, as well as work on necessary practical skills including youth engagement, group facilitation, mentoring, and programme planning.
You’ll work closely with your peers and tutors in small groups, and gain experience in the workplace, whilst having fun every step of the way.
- Highly knowledgeable staff with current experience in the youth sector
- Develop experience by applying knowledge on work placements right from your first year of study
- Industry-recognised programme developed in conjunction with the health and social sector to meet the needs of our changing communities
- Delivered in a blended learning approach through face-to-face teaching, workplace learning and online
- Collaborative and interdisciplinary to build a solid understanding of the health and social development sector.
- Youth centre manager
- Youth care facilities
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Health and Social Development (Youth Development) course at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.