Bachelor of Health Science – Medical Imaging (Unitec)
Interested in becoming a health professional with a career in medical radiation technology? This programme will develop your skills in diagnostic imaging through applied thinking and doing, so you can safely use radiation to obtain images for diagnostic use.
The Bachelor of Health Science (Medical Imaging) provides you with the clinical and theoretical knowledge to work as a medical imaging technologist (MIT). To safely obtain images using radiation for diagnostic use, you need a sound understanding of anatomy, physiology, pathology, physics, and the medical radiation equipment and clinical techniques you will use. We’ll help you develop these skills so you complete your degree confident and work-ready. You’ll also get an introduction to more advanced imaging systems.
- At Unitec, we think the best way to learn is a mixture of thinking and doing. You’ll spend over 2000 hours (in block periods of time) across all three years of your degree gaining clinical experience working in a radiology/x-ray department as well as developing your medical knowledge so you can easily transition to the workplace. Our staff will help you find suitable clinical placements. We currently have students placed in public and private providers in Auckland and Whangarei.
- Accredited by the New Zealand Medical Radiation Technologists Board (MRTB).
- Leads to industry registration: once you’ve completed this programme you can apply for registration with the New Zealand Medical Radiation Technologists Board (MRTB).
- This programme is an internationally recognised qualification.
- Highly qualified teaching staff with extensive first-hand experience of clinical provision and discipline need.
- Registered medical radiation technologist
- Medical imaging technologist (requires registration with MRTB)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Health Science (Medical Imaging) course at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.