Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (Unitec)
Want a career in landscape architecture? Create designs for a variety of exciting landscape projects, and further your understanding of CAD modelling, environmental planning and contemporary urbanism.
Do you want a role in the re-imagining of our urban environment and re-thinking of our cities? Landscape architects are employed for their vision and skill in transforming the spaces of everyday life, and in solving the real and serious environmental issues facing today’s society. Landscape architecture brings together science, technology, art and design, in order to engage in a broad range of environmental design projects. These can involve urban design, transportation infrastructure, waterfronts and resorts, coastal, estuarine and in-land ecologies, and creating engaging and vibrant community and public spaces.
The Bachelor of Landscape Architecture is an internationally accredited professional programme that will prepare you for a creative practice in urban and environmental design anywhere in the world.
- A focus on design studio and one-on-one practice-based learning that supports your individual skills and growth as a designer.
- Real-world learning that involves regular engagement and both collaborative and competitive work with practicing professionals, including award-winning landscape architects, urban designers, architects and other related professionals.
- Be part of international study tours and a vibrant exchange programme – important keys to understanding international practice.
- Access to internships and merit-based awards.
- A fully accredited degree programme, registered by the New Zealand Institute of Landscape Architects (NZILA) on behalf of the International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA).
- After successful completion of this programme you can go onto further study in the Master of Landscape Architecture.
- Landscape architect
- Environmental design consultant
- Urban designer
- Heritage landscape consultant
- Regional planner
- Environment commissioner
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6.0.
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture course at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.