Bachelor of Sport – Coaching (Unitec)
Develop an understanding of the theory and practice of effective sport coaching. Explore coaching principles, strategies and techniques with current research and recent trends in sport.
The Bachelor of Sport (Coaching) focuses on the coaching of sport, athletes and teams. Develop an understanding of the relevance of sport to New Zealand culture and internationally, and how to deliver sports programmes for all ages and skill levels – from children to adults, and beginners to high-performance athletes. The principles associated with the science, administration and management of sport are integrated into specific courses.
- Suitable for students interested in a career in sport coaching (in regional and national organisations), exercise consulting, personal training or sport development.
- Active participation: practise your coaching skills throughout the programme and experience work placements with a variety of sports organisations.
- Sport facilities on campus include a multi-use stadium, a fully equipped weights room, a full range of cardiovascular equipment, a Human Performance Lab, a dedicated yoga studio, the National Squash Centre and sand-split sports fields.
- Student exchange programmes with universities in Canada, Sweden, the UK and the USA mean you could also choose to spend time studying overseas.
- Time to discover your interests: the first year is the same for all three Bachelor of Sport majors meaning you don’t need to select a major until after your first year of study.
- Coaching director
- Fitness centre manager
- High performance manager
- Outdoor pursuit instructor
- Personal trainer/fitness instructor
- Player/athlete development manager
- Professional sport coach
- Sport development manager
- Strength and conditioning coach
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Sport (Coaching) course at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.