Bachelor of Sport – Management (Unitec)
Study sport management to gain an understanding of the unique nature of sport management and marketing, the environment in which sport operates, and the different types of sport organisations within the public, non-profit and professional sectors of the sport industry.
The nature of sport and the way in which people engage in sport is changing. This has provided many new and exciting career opportunities in the marketing and management of sport. The Bachelor of Sport (Management) provides you with the skills and knowledge to work within this exciting industry in specialist areas such as events, marketing and promotion, digital media, sport development and sport facilities to name a few.
- Focus on the fundamental principles of sport management and marketing applied in authentic industry contexts
- Work placement opportunities in a variety of sports organisations
- Real-world strategic marketing and management projects with industry partners
- Running events for and with sport organisations in a variety of public, not-for-profit and private contexts
- Industry case studies, visits and guest lectures to enhance the learning experience and provide aspirational career examples for students
- Access to Unitec’s sport facilities which include a multi-use stadium, fully equipped gym with a range of strength and conditioning equipment, a dedicated yoga room, the National Squash Centre and sports fields
- Time to discover your interests: the first year is the same for all three Bachelor of Sport majors meaning you don’t need to select a major until after your first year of study
- Student exchange programmes with universities in Canada, Sweden, the UK and the USA mean you could also choose to spend time studying overseas.
- Sport marketing coordinator
- Sport facility manager
- Sponsorship manager
- Sport development manager
- Event manager
- Sport programme manager
- Sport marketing manager
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Sport (Management) course at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.