Bachelor of Sport – Physical Education (Unitec)
Do you aspire to teach or lead others in physical education, physical activity or sport? Turn your passion for physical activity and sport into a rewarding career leading young people through physical education.
Turn your passion for physical activity and sport into a career. Find out how to lead others in physical education and sport by studying a physical education degree and prepare yourself for a rewarding role in this lively and people-oriented industry. With this programme, you’ll spend time developing a personal philosophy regarding physical education, while engaging in research and practice in New Zealand and abroad through both compulsory and elective courses. When you finish this programme, you’ll have developed a deeper understanding of the relationship between coaching and teaching as well as sport, physical activity and physical education.
- Time to explore your interests: the first year is the same for all three Bachelor of Sport majors, and you do not need to select a major until after your first year of study
- A broad range of physical education and sport courses
- A mix of practice and theory: lectures are combined with practical sessions, outdoor activities, interactive discussions and industry experiences – all of which assist in your development and learning
- Access to a range of on-campus sport facilities including a multi-use stadium, fully equipped gym with a range of strength and conditioning equipment, a dedicated yoga room, the National Squash Centre and sports fields.
- Physical education teacher
- Community sport educator
- Sport director
- Community sport advisor
- Education advisor for sporting organisations
- Community physical activity educator
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Sport (Physical Education) course at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.