Bachelor of Information Technology (NMIT)
A professional degree that will prepare you for the workforce in a range of information technology related jobs.
This programme focuses on the theoretical and practical aspects of computers and their application in business and industry and provides entry to postgraduate study.
The NMIT Bachelor of Information Technology is accredited by IT Professionals New Zealand.
The Bachelor programme can be completed in three years of full time study, or you can study part-time.
In your first year you will take eight compulsory courses at Level 5. In years two and three you take specific courses to complete one of the three majors and some elective courses to make up your total of 120 credits.
Choose from one of the following three majors
- Learn how to analyse the information needs of clients, design, and develop appropriate IT solutions using a range of data storage and management technologies.
- Be able to select, apply and evaluate appropriate project management and systems development life cycle methodologies to the development of complex information systems
- Learn how to design, implement and test software systems using appropriate technologies including databases and web based systems.
- Be able to select, apply and evaluate appropriate systems development methodologies
- Learn how to analyse, design and implement an ICT infrastructure using network technologies and appropriate software.
- Be able to select, apply and evaluate appropriate methods for managing ICT infrastructure to ensure that the ICT requirements of an organisation are met.
English Language requirements
All applicants must have a level of English sufficient to be able to study at this level. Those students whose first language is not English should have:
- An international English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall academic score of at least 6.0 (with at least 5.5 in each band) issued within the last two years.
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Information Technology course at the Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.