Bachelor of Applied Arts – Visual Arts or Digital Arts (NorthTec)
About this programme:
With this degree programme you will be able to take personal art and design ideas, underpinned by research of contemporary practice, through to quality finished products in selected media. It has a strong practical focus and subjects on offer include drawing, art history, sculpture, photography, graphic design, clay, glass, printmaking and digital design.
What you will learn
You will learn to:
- Independently work through the creative process in your selected field of excellence in order to produce original high quality art and design works
- Operate within the creative industry effectively, professionally and ethically
- Identify appropriate market and employment opportunities in order to successfully develop your career
- Apply research skills to remain up-to-date with current developments in their fields
- Identify and network with models of excellence in your field
- Contribute to the development of a vibrant creative industry in Aotearoa New Zealand as an informed and laterally thinking innovator
- Produce high-quality original work in selected media, such as clay, glass, print, painting, photography, graphic design and digital arts.
- Arts administration (community trusts, local and central government agencies)
- Film and television
- Gallery professional
- Graphic designer – print or digital
- Interior designer
- Primary, secondary and tertiary teaching
- Printmaker, Sculptor, Painter or Ceramic artist
English Language requirements:
- An international English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall academic score of at least 6.0 (with at least 5.5 in each band) issued within the last two years.
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Applied Arts at the NorthTec in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.