Bachelor of Architectural Studies (Unitec)
Develop a sound understanding of architectural design, urban housing design, and the history and theory of architecture. Explore different styles of architecture, and become knowledgeable about architectural site analysis and ways to achieve sustainability.
Are you interested in architecture and urban design? This is the first step towards a career in architecture. Develop the drawing, design and graphic presentation skills to express architectural concepts. Analyse architectural sites and explore how to ensure the environmental sustainability of architectural projects. Gain an overview of the business of architecture, and become familiar with New Zealand building law, construction technology, basic contract management procedures, taha Maori and Maori perspectives as they relate to architecture.
- Leads to industry registration: together with the Master of Architecture (Professional), the Bachelor of Architectural Studies forms a five-year package that helps you become a registered architect.
- Endorsed by the New Zealand Institute of Architects, the New Zealand Registered Architects Board and the Commonwealth Association of Architects.
- Real design projects and work placements.
- Regular opportunities for overseas field trips to countries such as Brazil, China, Italy and Japan, where you work on projects with students and local community groups.
- Options to study abroad with one of our international exchange partners in Australia, China, Germany, India, Mexico and the UK.
- Architectural designer
- Design manager
- Design technician
- Continue study in the Master of Architecture (Professional)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5.
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Architectural Studies at the Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.