Bachelor of Counselling(WINTEC)
Bachelor of Counselling: Specialize in the art of counselling
The Bachelor of Counselling programme prepares students for the challenges faced by workforce counselling professionals. Students will gain entry into the world of counselling at a beginner practitioner level in New Zealand. Graduates will have developed a range of flexible skills and professional credits that will condition them to be responsive and give them the ability to work collaboratively within the intricate social service and health communities.
Students will be allowed to choose from three prime electives: Mental Health and Addictions counselling, Maori-centered counselling and Family counselling.
As a graduate you will develop vital skills which allow you to:
- Understand the social, political and cultural context of counselling
- Demonstrate empathy, genuineness and respect for others
- Understand different cultural values
- Integrate your knowledge, skills and practice
- Create a comprehensive theoretical base to counselling
- Gain deeper understanding of your own value and belief systems in relation to counselling
- Understand professional codes of ethics
You will be studying at the Hamilton City campus of the Waikato Institute of Technology in New Zealand.
Entry requirements: IELTS 6.0 (academic) across all bands or equivalent along with an interview involving a group exercise and a written exercise.
Contact us at Great Nation NZ for practical guidance on enrolling for the Bachelor of Counselling course at WINTEC, New Zealand. You can get in touch with us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or simply walking into one of our centers.