Bachelor of Addiction Studies (WELTEC & Whitireia)
Learn from best practice research. Gain evidence-based skills to work in partnership with a wide range of other professionals. You’ll practise scenarios in the classroom through roleplaying, try out triad sessions, and learn from observing your classmates. It’s a close supportive environment and your tutors will guide you through your studies.
What you will learn
- Gain an integrated understanding of the theory and practical application of addictions
- Learn strategies to assess and treat clients with addiction related disorders
- Become competent in the assessment and treatment of clients with both complex mental health and addiction disorders
- Analyse and critically evaluate the philosophies and practice frameworks of prevention and health promotion in addition to a variety of researchbased theories on substance use, misuse and addictions
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the classification of pharmacological and psychotropic drugs
- Learn best practice in relation to conducting a risk assessment
- In 2018 this programme will be taught at the Whitireia campus in Porirua.
- Addiction Worker
- Case Manager
- Policy Advisor
- Substance Abuse Counsellor.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Addiction Studies course at the Wellington Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.