Bachelor of Applied Business Studies (WELTEC & Whitireia)
This practical and applied degree offers students real world skills that enable them to hit the ground running when they enter the workforce. With core skills provided in all majors, plus employability skills such as communication, the Bachelor of Applied Business Studies meet the needs of today’s employers.
There are a wide variety of opportunities in industries for marketing, management, finance and hospitality graduates.
Auckland campus is offering an opportunity to specialise in finance using the Associated Chartered Accountant (ACA) or CPA Australia pathways. Contact the Auckland Campus on 09-379-4666.
The Bachelor of Applied Business Studies aims to satisfy the needs of both students and industry for a credible and practical study programme that will:
- help students recognise the relevance and importance of business knowledge to business communities within a modern society
- equip students with an understanding of the principles of business disciplines enabling them to appreciate and apply this knowledge in practice
- equip students with the personal, group and technical skills appropriate to practice Business Studies within the workforce
- develop in students a well integrated and applied knowledge of the major aspects of Business Studies and the ability to relate these to practical issues of management
- develop in the students the tools, techniques and models applied to the solution of business problems
- develop in students management and leadership abilities through independent research and investigation
- develop in students an appreciation of innovative, creative and entrepreneurial approaches to business development and issues
- students who have not graduated from the New Zealand Diploma in Business need to complete eight first year core papers
There are a number of specialisations available depending on which campus you study at:
- Finance – Auckland and Porirua campus (CA & CPA pathway – Auckland Only)
- Hospitality – Auckland campus
- Marketing – Auckland campus
- Management – Auckland and Porirua campus
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Bachelor of Applied Science (Animal Management and Welfare) course at the Wellington Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.