Graduate Diploma in Addiction, Alcohol and Drug Studies (WELTEC & Whitireia)
Become familiar with the scope of addiction, alcohol and drug services. Learn assessment and intervention strategies for clients with addiction and co-existing mental health disorders. Designed for graduates with related qualifications and work experience. One year non-clinical programme.
What you will learn
- Learn how to integrate theories of substance use, misuse and addiction into your practice, supporting those with addiction and other impulse control disorders
- Grow your understanding of intervention models for addiction, gambling and coexisting mental health disorders
- Analyse and evaluate the unique issues presented by different cultural groups
- Critically evaluate the philosophies and practical frameworks on prevention and health promotion
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of systems theory with particular emphasis upon structural concepts in families, and family life cycle theory.
- Substance Abuse Counsellor
- Addiction Worker
- Case Manage
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Graduate Diploma in Addiction, Alcohol and Drug Studies course at the Wellington Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.