Graduate Diploma in Engineering – Building Services (WELTEC & Whitireia)
Building Services Engineers are in high demand. Develop skills in HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) design, project management and operational management. Increase your knowledge of sustainability and energy efficiency. Visit construction sites and finished buildings to examine current practice. Complete an industry project.
What you will learn
- Develop an understanding of modern maintenance management practices, strategies and measures
- Undertake evaluation of energy use, energy efficiency and alternative sources of energy
- Apply engineering knowledge to select components and prepare design documents for water-based heat transfer systems
- Create designs for steel structures and the seismic restraint of mechanical plant using New Zealand Standards
- Investigate, design and apply knowledge of air handling systems
- Apply project management principles, concepts and techniques
- Complete an engineering project of your choice
There is a real need for skilled and experienced graduates with a building
services specialisation to design the next generation of high performance
buildings. Graduates may undertake roles such as:
- Building Services Engineer
- Project Manager
- Maintenance Engineering Manager
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Academic score of 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0).
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Building Services) course at the Wellington Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.