Graduate Diploma in Engineering – Structures (WELTEC & Whitireia)
Structural engineers are responsible for the design and build of a diverse range of projects. It is their vital work that ensures the safety of people who use everyday infrastructures.
What you will learn
- Explore theories and conceptual design of different structures
- Develop a strong understanding of New Zealand codes
- Investigate the behavior of structural systems and elements
- Design structures using timber, masonry, steel, and concrete
- Articulate understanding of real-world open-ended design issues
- Complete an industry research project.
Students may undertake roles such as design engineering or project management. There is a real need for skilled and experienced graduates with structural qualifications. there are a large number of projects being undertaken to ensure buildings and other infrastructure meet the new earthquake standards.
- Design Engineer
- Project Manager
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS (academic) score of 6.5 with writing and speaking score no less than 6 and reading and listening no less than 6.
Great Nation NZ offers practical guidance to students on enrolling for the Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Building Services) course at the Wellington Institute of Technology in New Zealand. To avail of our coaching contact us by filling out the contact form on this website, calling us or walking into one of our centers.